Monday, February 8, 2016

Picasso Inspired Portraits

One of my students Picasso inspired work, Acrylic on paper
It's been so long since I last posted about me and my artsy kids. The holidays and that first month coming back always tends to fly right by. The bases of this article is to showcase a fun and fantastic artist project that can easily be done with both middle school and high school students. The project starts out with a quick presentation of the artist Picasso and his Cubist style. I presented the students with plenty of portrait references and we then commenced to play an art game that I absolutely love. It's called Roll a Picasso. I was able to get the amazing template on Teachers pay Teachers and you can access it by clicking here

Roll a Picasso Template used.


After printing out the Template for all the students I then had a digital dice which you can find here  
Once that's set I have the students take their papers and fold it in in half . We then did two sessions of the Roll a Picasso game. Afterwards I have the students customize the Picasso inspired portraits. This all takes about a whole class period (1hr 30 min). We then take 2 more class periods to paint them up and create some of the following, talented works.

One of my students Picasso inspired work, Acrylic on paper
One of my students Picasso inspired work, Acrylic on paper

One of my students Picasso inspired work, Acrylic on paper




No comments:

Post a Comment